Sunday, December 21, 2014

99 Miles to Philly

 My formative years were spent in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I still miss Philly cheesesteaks. They are definitely the best along with a soft pretzel smeared with yellow mustard from a street vendor.
 A few miles outside of Philly is one of the most beautiful gardens in the United States. Once you visited Longwood Gardens you're sure to return. http://longwoodgardens.org
Today the 1,077-plus acre Longwood Gardens consists of 20 outdoor gardens and 20 indoor gardens within 4.5 acres (18,200 m²) of heated greenhouses, known as conservatories. It contains 11,000 different types of plants and trees, as well as fountains. The Gardens also has extensive educational programs including a tuition-free two-year school of professional horticulture, a graduate program, and extensive internships. It hosts 800 horticultural and performing arts events each year, from flower shows, gardening demonstrations, courses, and children's programs to concerts, organ and carillon recitals, musical theatre, fountain shows, and fireworks displays. It also hosts an extensive Christmas light display during the holiday season.

My favorite time is Christmas when everything is decorated with beautiful ornaments and Christmas lights. I have hundreds of photographs of Christmas trees and ornaments that I've taken while visiting historical homes and gardens on my many travels. I publish them on my artist website so people can use them as greeting cards.
http://joan-reese.artistwebsites.com/art/all/all/all/+holiday+cards

No comments:

Post a Comment