Monday, January 26, 2015

Cancun, Mexico: Americanized!

     A great place to relax!
 1980, was the first time that I went to Cancun. It was the beginning of the big boom of modern hotels and tourism. Wow, things have changed, I felt like I was in downtown Miami beach but Cancun's ocean is azure blue and much warmer this time of the year.
Don't expect any bargains, they know all the US prices. A good thing: they have a great public bus system, you can take the R1 or R2 in the hotel zone and get to anywhere you would like to go. There are plenty of taxis if you feel like bargaining with the drivers. The best place to buy souvenirs and sunglasses is at the downtown Walmart. Also, you will get the best money exchange rate downtown Cancun opposed to your hotel or the airport.
I took the DOA bus to Playa Del Carmen: a two hour ride. Larger than Cancun, sweet beach area filled with tourist shops.
A 30 minute boat ride takes you to the small island of Isla Mujeres.  I love the fact that people can get around the island either by motor scooter, golf cart or bicycle. A great place to go snorkeling!
I stayed at an all inclusive adult boutique resort called the Golden Parnassus Resort and Spa in the hotel zone. A great view of the ocean means a lot to me, and I had one. The service was great, the food was good and the accommodations were pleasing. If you just want to kick back and relax, drink and eat good food I would recommend staying at the Golden Parnassus Resort and Spa.


No comments:

Post a Comment